Ignorance can be bliss but sometimes knowledge can help making the right decisions easier.
A lot of times we don’t really want to think about what we eat, it makes it easier to enjoy it, but if you want to put yourself off of something, find out what is really going into it.
Are doughnuts your Achilles heel? Buy one this isn’t filled with anything. Wrap a couple of paper napkins around it and squeeze hard. Look at the amount of grease that is now soaking those napkins and onto your hands. Think about all that grease swimming around in your stomach, your body trying to cope with it, finally being deposited into storage in your belly, thighs and butt AND AROUND YOUR HEART AND INTERNAL ORGANS when it’s too much to burn off. And sorry to tell you but pretty much 100% of donuts are fried in partially hydrogenated oil.
Are potato or tortilla chips your thing? Buy a small lunch sized bag. Go outside or stand over your sink. Use a lighter and light the chip and watch it burn like a candle. About half of what is in a chip is fat. That’s why it burns like that! This photo is from an article on how to make an emergency candle! Or read this
Is it gummy candy you can’t resist? Watch THIS video. I think it will change how you see it.
Like any of the following?
• Hershey’s Whopper’s Malted Milk Balls
• Hershey’s Milk Duds
• Nestle’s Raisinettes
• Nestle’s Goober’s
• Tootsie Roll Industry’s Junior Mints
• Tootsie Roll Industry’s Sugar Babies
• Jelly Belly jelly beans, Russell Stover and most jelly beans generally
• Godiva’s Dark Chocolate Almond Bar; Dark Chocolate Cherries; Milk Chocolate Cashews; White Chocolate Pearls; Milk Chocolate Pearls.
• Gertrude Hawk’s chocolate-covered nuts and raisins; cupcake sprinkles; decorative cake pieces
• PRETTY MUCH ANY SHINY CANDY–all contain shellac to improve the shine. Most people are at least a little disgusted when they find out that the source of shellac is from the rear end of a beetle-like bug. The other name for shellac, “confectioner’s glaze”, sounds much sweeter than dried beetle butt juice–but it is DRIED BEETLE BUTT JUICE!
Coke obsessed? Each can of coke contains 10 teaspoons of sugar, much more than what your body can process in a day, another additive called phosphoric acid, cuts the level of sugar so that you don’t vomit automatically after drinking a can. Yum! not.
Think diet soda is a better choice? Think again. Researchers at the University of Texas found that people who drank diet soda were 41 percent more likely to be overweight. The artificial sweeteners also dampen the “reward center” in your brain, which may lead you to indulge in more calorie-rich, sweet-tasting food. Many artificial sweeteners trigger your brain to crave carbohydrates. Even diet soda drinkers who maintained a healthy weight range still had a significantly increased risk of the top three killers in the United States: diabetes, heart disease and stroke.
Breads like Wonder Bread and other manufactured white breads often contain a softening agent called L-Cysteine. L-Cysteine is made from human hair! The other source for L-cysteine is duck feathers. Read your labels and avoid all softening agents, and if you are going to eat bread, make it whole grain and try to avoid manufactured.
Cheese products contain less than 51% cheese. Any cheese whose package states it is “processed” or “pasteurized” is most likely made from less than 51 percent of cheese The other 49 percent would be a concoction of flavorings and additives to give your tastebuds the illusion of cheese.
Do you want me to go into what is in fast food? Just remember if you could see the components of these kinds of food you would leave them on your plate without any kind of feeling of deprivation. Try to keep that in mind and it might be easier to pass them by…